BusinessTop News

ONGC Videsh declares oil discovery in Colombia

ONGC Videsh (OVL), a subsidiary and abroad arm of State-run Oil and Pure Gasoline Company (ONGC), mentioned on Thursday it has made an oil discovery within the lately drilled nicely, Urraca-IX, in CPO-5 block, Llanos Basin, Colombia.

“Oil discovery within the decrease mirador play on this nicely opens up new areas for additional exploration within the northern a part of the block,” the Ministry of Petroleum & Pure Gasoline (MoPNG) mentioned in an announcement.

ONGC Videsh had earlier found business oil within the decrease sand play in Mariposa and Indico fields within the block in 2017 and 2018, respectively, that are at present commercially producing round 20,000 barrels of oil per day.

Block CPO-5 was awarded to ONGC Videsh within the 2008 bid spherical of Colombia. ONGC Videsh holds 70 per cent collaborating curiosity (PI) within the block together with operatorship. The remaining 30 per cent is held by associate Geopark. The corporate has a big presence in Colombia, with three different exploratory blocks and a joint possession of the oil producing firm Mansarovar Vitality Colombia (MECL).

Oil discovery in a brand new play within the block with the nicely Urraca-1X, reiterates the technical and operational prowess of ONGC Videsh and provides another feather in its cap in the direction of the intensive Exploration and Drilling marketing campaign in Colombia, MopNG mentioned.

Revealed on

June 23, 2022


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button